As promised here is a copy of my PowerPoint presentation for distribution
to those who attended. I also attach Pumpkin Soup - a light hearted look at
core functions and a very brief look at managing different types.
I thought the feedback was very fair. I do sometimes tend to go on a bit
and didn't get round to the interactive bit I had planned. I suspect the
Is were happy and that in general it was the Es who would have preferred more
I will wait and see what response, if any comes from those who missed out.
We'll keep in touch on that one.
I had a mental block on the big five traits. They are:
* Neuroticism (vs Emotional Stability)
* Extraversion (vs Introversion)
* Openness to experience (vs Closedness to experiences)
* Agreeableness (vs Disagreeableness)
* Conscientiousness (vs Lack of conscientiousness)
For further reading 'Gifts Differing', Myers and Myers is as good as
anything I can recall.
Good luck with your away day.
Powerpoint presentation on MB
Implications for Managing Others